Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Finding God in unexpected places (people)

This morning I set out for the Royal Palace and my silent prayer was: God, show yourself in small ways today. After my tour I bumped into two young women that I met at the airport yesterday trying to figure out the baggage claim and metro are. It turns out that they are nurses from Melbourne, Aus and they are on their way to Zambia to work in a clinic in the North for 6 months. I felt the stirring of the Spirit to pray for them. I explained that I am a pastor and would they mind if I blessed and prayed for them on their trip? It turns out that they are both Christians and very active!! So Mel, Steph and I had a God moment right in front of the palace. God is never absent, but ever present even in the stranger we might encounter today.

2 comments:

  1. That is the wonderful experience of the Camino starting: there is no coincidences on the journey- God is everywhere busy with something wonderful, and your eyes are open to see that. Enjoy the journey- Buen Camino!

    Sterkte my vriend, ek wens so ek kon dit weer doen, saam met jou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ultreia! I hope you don't mind if I peek over your shoulder as you journey along the Camino. I must confess I'm something of a Camino junkie. I walked last year, and thru another SA friend "met" Ewald and enjoyed his blog too. God is ever present when your trying to listen for his voice. So here's to wishing you a beautiful song of joy on the road ahead. Buen Camino.

    ReplyDelete